Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Ramblings and Senior Voes


Fall semester is running a marathon, at a full sprint. I’m serious. Does anyone else feel that there is less and less time every day? With each day passing more quickly than the last, it seems like I can’t keep up with this marathon sprinter of a fall. Or maybe it’s just senioritis talking. Either way, it’s terrifying.

The English house is keeping its busy schedule successfully and even though students, staff, and professors are flying around the house like busy little bees no one seems quite as haggard and run down as I feel. Did everyone here figure out some magical way to make time slow down and not let me in on the secret? If you are one of these secret keepers please sneak me a note under the workstudy desk and help a girl out.

Chowder Fest is coming up and everyone is very excited. It’s an amazing event at Anderson house that really showcases the close community here and lets everyone mingle and enjoy some great food. I can’t wait. My last chowder fest… and here comes the melancholia. Senior year really is a rainbow palate of emotions.

Another thing that has been skulking around the campus is this terrible plague of a flu. Students are sniffling and our selection of teas is shrinking rapidly. Its ok all you fellow survivors of this plague. We are replenishing our assortment. Stop by the kitchen when you are in Anderson house and replenish your weapon supply against this flu. We even have tissues and cough drops in the office. See the English house is always prepared! My own battle against sickness is ending in a decided victory on my part. Although it’s been a long few weeks of battle my immune system has finally decided to kick into gear. May I say, YAY.

Fall leaves are decorating both the inside and outside of the Anderson house and I just wish I had more time to enjoy the bright colors. Maybe I should suggest to the Goddard staff to decorate the library with colorful leaves as I am spending most of my waking hours there. At least then when I am staring at the wall in a desperate wish for inspiration I would at least be looking at something pretty.

It’s getting chilly with winter fast approaching, but the sun is shining, it’s almost the weekend, I am sipping delicious hot chocolate so I cannot complain. I hope all of you are finding more relaxation this fall than me. If not stop by the English house and we can brainstorm ways to get through it together. I’ll even share my hot chocolate.

No comments: