Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer in Worcester

I know last semester I wrote a post about how I was going to be the last one here, the one closing the halls as everyone leaves. When I wrote that, I was not anticipating being able to say the same thing this semester. However it is once again true that I will be one of the last ones here because I am going to be one of the summer RAs in Blackstone. Yes, now that my courses are finished and my papers are resting comfortably in boxes in Leir II (the English Department's Paper Central), I have an entire summer at Clark to look forward to.

It is going to be an interesting experience for a number of reasons. First, I will be cooking for myself. I am by no means inept at cooking; in fact, I rather enjoy it. Still it will be the first time that I am cooking solely for myself for all my meals. Second, it will be the first time I am RAing in a building. I have been an RA in 21 and 23 Maywood all year, two of the RLH Houses. I have loved it, and my residents were fantastic, but I think it will probably be different to be in a suite-style, large residence hall. Third, I will have suite-mates. I have missed having a roommate to come back to at night and share my day with. It will be nice just to have people around that I can say hello to after working in the office. Fourth, there is all the construction that will be going on at Clark. Maybe I can take some pictures and post them when I get back in the beginning of next semester. Fifth and finally, I can explore Worcester in the summer in a way I don't during the school year. My first plan is to walk over to WooBerry and see how it compares to YoWay.

So expect lots of updates when the term resumes! I am sure I will have a lot to say.

No comments: