Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April 30th


It’s 4:07 p.m., on a Monday afternoon. I had forgotten that Big Brother Big Sister ended last week and I’m not in the mood to do laundry or any schoolwork so I’m back at work in the English Department for the second time today. Classes are over and the only thing in the way of my summer and home sweet Brooklyn is finals. *Sad face* I wish there was no such thing. I’m trying to take it day by day and remain calm. I don’t want to stress. Stress is no good. As bad as I want it to be over, I don’t want the days going by too fast. I need time to study, but I want to go home oh so badly and forget about school. I remember when I used to LOVE school. I never wanted to miss a day, not even for a doctor’s appointment and I used to love those too. My pediatrician always gave me stickers and I would run around in the halls with my siblings while we fed the vending machines all of our mother’s money. Anyhow, back to school. It’s not like I hate it. It’s just different when you’re in college than when you’re high school, junior high school or elementary. You’re young, wild and carefree (a little less in high school though). In college, you have to buckle down and get serious. You’re either already in the “real” world or preparing for it. It’s all about your future from here on and you can’t afford to screw things up.

It’s been three years. Next semester, fall semester 2012, I’ll be a senior. I’m not ready. I don’t want to go just yet and I don’t want to graduate just yet either. I don’t know if it even matters because this isn’t the end of school for me. I’ve always wanted to become a Pediatrician since I was a little girl and I still do. A lot of people I know or have talked to have changed their minds about their future profession and their majors as well, but I’ve always stuck with mine and I’m happy about that. I always joke around with my friends and say that I’ll be in school forever and that I’ll be sitting in class with my cane then one day just roll over. Ha-ha. I guess I better start loving school again. Ugh. I cannot believe how fast my undergraduate career has gone by. I remember the first day I step foot on Clark campus like it was yesterday. It really does feel like yesterday. Time really does fly huh? Someone needs to tell me where time keeps flying off to so I can go get it and put it in a box and secure it for when I’m ready for the next step. I’ll be 21 this summer, June 25th to be exact. Ahhh! Next thing you know I’ll be married with children, a house, a car and a career! It’s all just too fast. Time, SLOW DOWN! Please and thank you. Sheesh! I would do anything to be a little girl again, ANYTHING!


1 comment:

venugopal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.