Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why clark, why so far away from home?

I was born in Seattle Washington, Have lived in Portland Oregon since i was two, and most of my family is from or still lives in california (when i say i'm from the west coast, i mean it). I decided i wanted to go to clark my sophomore year of highschool (i'm quite a planner). I knew i wanted to either stay really close to home or go really far away. I loved Portland (still do) and knew that if i wasn't going to be able to see it on a regular basis i wanted it to be for a good, far-away, new experiences reason. So i had no interest in California or Washington or any other states nearby. If i was going to go away from home i wanted something new. New England seemed like the right place to look. I reseached and found some promising almosts, but wasn't wold until i found clark. All the other school seemed concerned with finding the best students possible and being the best possible because of it. Clark semmed concerned with making the best student possible. I felt they were looking for students with promise. The more i looked in to clark the more i liked what i saw. It was small, had a great student to faculty ratio, had a lot of programs and opportunities for students and great financial aid. So i applied, got in and went.

No comments: