Friday, March 4, 2011

Hello,

My name is Milla. I'm a senior English/Theater double major who works in the English office. I've taken longer to post because i've been stuck on what to write about. I thought about all the things I do that have something to do with the English department; working in the office, writing an honors thesis, studying for the dreaded English subject MTELs, double majoring. I finally gave up deciding and just asked the chair--Jay Elliott. I wrote him an e-mail with a list and asked him to pick and right before hitting that send button threw in one after thought idea: going to school in New England as a West Coaster. I didn't add it in because i thought it would make a good blog. infact, i saw no chance of professor Elliott picking the topic at all. I just threw it in because i felt i was making a list of what made me unique, and looking at the list it looked a little short. So i let myself add something that had nothing to do with the English department but everything to do wiht my uniqueness. As you have probably guessed he picked it. At first i was surprised, but then i thought about it. Anyone who asks me why clark? almost always means why so far away from home? It's a question i get from west and east coasters whenever they first find out my university and homtown are on opposite sides of the country, so there must be something interesting about it; people must be curious what it's like. so in this blog i will tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you guys are posting on the blog. I always get this question too - you can imagine the reactions of Luxembourgers when I explain that I had to fly five or so hours just to get home from school? And they think England is so far away.