Wednesday, March 13, 2013

First Week Of Spring (I hope I'm not jinxing it!)

Does anyone else smell Spring in the air yet? Or feel it in the sunshine on their skin and the wind blowing through their hair? Maybe I am a little early stating this, but I think Spring has finally made its way to snowy snowy Worcester. The Birds are chirping the students are out and about and I am ready to welcome the warmth back into my life and hide my winter boots in the back of my closet.

I already hapilly deposited my big winter coat on my bed and switched into a much more stylish and appropriate leather jacket. (ok maybe stylish is my own personal opinion...) My hot coffee has also been replaced with an iced latte. Spring is HERE!

But as I am a senior, spring brings another feeling into the forefront my my mind. Or lots of other feelings. Yes I have written blogs about this before, but come one, I have two monts left at Clark. What else would I be thinking about but that? Realizing that I am getting to the point where I can count the days left easily is  terrifying. And sad. Time to push forward with the job and appartment hunt I think. If only I had no homework.

But lets move on from that thougt before I get too panicked. Lets see.... What could distract me from the pounding in my heart and shortened breathing that signal a panick attack? With Spring brightening my moom I think I can continue on my Clarkie love list. Ahh yes, thats better. A much more pleasant thought.  I think I stopped at number 12. So here we go...

13. I love the random art that students will put around campus. Like that red door next to the library? What's that about? I never get them, but I think they are great.
14. I love when professor bring dogs to class. (Have you seen professor Elliotts puppy?)
15. I love that one tree near the holocaust building that blooms such pretty petals. Which reminds me I am grateful that when they redid Wright they took out the smelly trees. Seriously when they bloomed that whole area smelled like ... things I should probably not say here.
16. One of the things I will miss most after leaving Clark is the English department Spring Fling.
17. The Masquerade. Its a great dance. And an excuse to dress up like a spy this year, who does not like that?
18. <-------THIS.
19. Those random psych department research projects that make students do random things around the AC. Always hilarious.
20. The Clark Quiddich team. I have never gone to a game and really want to. The practices are so much fun to watch. They brighten my day.


Ok I suppose that's enough for now.
Enjoy this lovely Spring Day!

No comments: