Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Enter The Martin

Greetings, sports fans.

I'm Micah Martin, a History Major, English Minor, and one of the department's indentured laborers. I handle mail, archival and secretarial duties and any miscellaneous tasks that spring up. In the coming months, preceding my graduation in May, I'll be posting here about life at Anderson House and goings-on in the department. I'll also discuss theory, writing, conventions of genre and style and the science of tropes in modern fiction mediums. To those of you with questions about the department, literature or anything related to English in general, please post! I'd like to get a few good discussions going here on the blog.

Micah out.

Word of the Day: Vociferous.
Book of the Day: Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
Author of the Day: Canadian Sci-Fi and Fantasy author R. Scott Bakker, a strong advocate for the inclusion of philosophical themes in genre fiction.

No comments: