Saturday, February 16, 2008

Poetic News from Claudia McQuistion

I just got an e-mail from Claudia McQuistion, an English Major who graduated last May. Some of you may remember her as the first-place finisher in last spring's Poetry Contest, and it seems appropriate to pass on this news just as the entries for this year's competition have piled up in the English Office. One of the prize-winning poems--"Jakarta Office Hit By Blast"--along with another, "Seeking Passion," has been accepted for publication by the bi-annual literary magazine Fifth Wednesday Journal. (Link here) Quite a coup for our McQuistion! I'll let you know when the journal hits the newsstands. She's living in Seattle now, and promises to send me more information about her doin's later. I'll ask her if I can add the text of "Jarkata" later.

--Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Claudia, that's great news! Best of luck continuing to get published.

poopycock?