Saturday, January 19, 2008

We're B-a-a-a-ck!

So, we've been back for a week now, and I hope everyone has the classes they want (or need). We're set for the beginning of the new semester, now that the Dog Days of December are behind us: the daylight is getting a little longer day by day (though one couldn't really tell, given all the snow we've had). I'm hoping to post more regularly, now that my semester is set; and I'm anticipating a number of other participants in the blog: I've been cajoling both students and faculty to submit some good and intriguing stuff (photos delightfully accepted!). Again, let me encourage all of you who might access the blog to comment or get in touch with me (jelliott@clarku.edu) if you want me to post anything for you.

In the meantime, Dania, here's a few more web-speaks for you:

IMO: In my opinion

IMHO: In my humble opinion

btw: (too obvious: by the way)

GBCW: Goodbye Cruel World [in other words, you all can take your blog and stuff it!]

OTOH: On the other hand [curiously, "on the one hand" is exactly the same, so one doesn't see it in blogs!]

Time to go ponder the primaries on CNN. . . .

--Jay

No comments: